11.5 Conclusion

In this chapter, you learned how to enforce agreements and courts orders, as well as how to change them. There are different options to enforce an agreement or court order, but you should NOT take matters into your own hands. Follow the agreement or order and let the Family Maintenance Enforcement Program (FMEP) or the court enforce the order if the other party defaults.

It is often the case that agreements and orders are able to apply for many years. But it is also often the case that over time, agreements and orders need to be revised. If and when this time comes, try to be open to the need for change.  Before you meet with your former spouse, review the skills you have learned to present your case, communicate positively and focus on the interests of the children.